Excitement is building in cyberspace for the National Day on Writing scheduled for this Thursday, Oct. 20th. This is a day when everyone is asked to think about why we write. NCTE created the hashtag #WhyIWrite for Twitter. The day is a collaboration among NCTE, National Writing Project, The New York Times Learning Network, and Teaching Channel.
Here are my top ten JOYS for writing:
- Writing helps me see clearly.
- Writing makes hard times easier.
- Writing sends my words into the world.
- Writing is a creative act that feeds my soul.
- Writing is hard and challenging like vitamins for my brain.
- Writing connects me with others.
- Writing leads me to me.
- Writing is understanding and confusing all at the same time.
- Writing builds hope.
- Writing is the thing with feathers.
Kevin Hodgson says he writes digitally to feel the groove between the spaces. Read all about Kevin’s groove and explore a Thinglink of thoughts here.
Enter your DigiLitSunday posts below: