AR Test for Blessen
The instructions are below as well.
To upload a teacher made quiz:
1. Go to Manage Quizzes
2. Choose school
3. Reading Practice
4. View only teacher made quizzes
5. Add Teacher made quiz
6. The first answer is the correct answer.
AR Test for Blessen by Margaret Simon
ATOS Level 4.1
Word Count 24452
1. How does Blessen know her chicken Blue has laid an egg?
A. The chicken cackles.
B. The chicken carries the egg to her.
C. The chicken is quiet and peaceful.
D. Her mother tells her about it.
2. Where does Blessen’s name come from?
A. The Bible
B. Her mother made it up.
C. It’s an old African name.
D. Her grandfather named her.
3. How is Blessen’s chicken killed?
A. A hawk attacks it.
B. The dog chased it.
C. It got out of the chicken coop.
D. Her mother ran over it.
4. What does Miss Ella Mae give Blessen to bury her chicken in?
A. A cigar box
B. An urn
C. A shoebox
D. A pot
5. How does Pawpee’s porch catch on fire?
A. Blessen was trying to cremate her chicken.
B. Blessen was making a campfire.
C. An electrical wire sparked and caught the sofa on fire.
D. The lightning from a hurricane started it.
6. How does Blessen plan to get to the hospital to see her grandfather?
A. She plans to ride her bike.
B. She plans to hitchhike.
C. She will walk.
D. She will wait for her mother to take her.
7. What does Blessen learn about her real father?
A. He is a black man who drinks too much.
B. He is in jail for murder.
C. He is a truck driver in Houston, Texas.
D. He is married to another woman.
8. What is the most important thing about Pawpee that Blessen wants to remember in her heart?
A. Believe in yourself.
B. Always hold your head up high.
C. Pray every day.
D. Be a good neighbor.
9. Why is Momma angry at Blessen’s father?
A. He left her when she was pregnant with Blessen.
B. He doesn’t know how to drive.
C. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself.
D. He leaves Blessen alone in the boat.
10. What happens to Blessen when the pirogue flips?
A. She is pushed to the surface by her father.
B. She paddles her way back to the shore.
C. She holds onto the boat until help arrives.
D. She rescues her father.