Ruth Ayres invites us the celebrate each week. Click over to her site Discover. Play. Build. to read more celebrations.
Today is Celebration Saturday, and I am celebrating the first full week of summer and taking care of myself. I think we are all guilty of putting ourselves at the bottom of the list. This first week out of school I had time. I celebrate the gift of time to take care of myself.
- Cleaning out! I hit the laundry room first. The shelves are clean. The junk is thrown out. The useful, but no longer needed, things are bagged up for Goodwill. Luckily today is a community household waste collection day, so my husband’s truck is ready to go with many cans of paint.
- Hosting Poetry Friday and having time to read all the posts! See the round up here.
- Crochet time: I recently learned of a second grade student at one of my schools who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I am crocheting my first afghan as a prayer blanket for her.
- Eating right: I’ve caught a few episodes of Dr. Oz. He advised us to eat berries at breakfast. I went blueberry picking this week and am enjoying these pops of fruity deliciousness with absolutely no guilt.
- Playing with photography: Last Sunday I put out a DigiLit Challenge. Tomorrow I will post another one. I also took Kim Douillard’s challenge of the week to try Black and White.
- Exercise: I love walking my dog. In the summer, you must get out before 8 AM to beat the heat. My inner clock is still tuned to getting up for school, so I took advantage of early mornings to walk with Charlie. He celebrates walking, too.
- Time to write: This is last because I have a tinge of guilt that I didn’t spend more time writing. I worked on a draft for a future blog post. I revised my middle grade work in progress and wrote one poem.